Pages

December 26, 2015

Christmas in the Sand


This year for Christmas my Uncle Greg and his family were all here to join in on the holiday festivities. A couple of years ago they had visited and went on a catamaran ride with my mom and Lee on Christmas, so this year we thought it would be fun to treat it as a tradition and do it again. It was a perfect, gorgeous day, Diamond Head was lush and green from all the rain we got this year, we saw a turtle and some whales spouting off in the distance, and got the entire catamaran to ourselves! It was a fun and memorable way to celebrate.
We started off Christmas with an outstanding meal at my mom's place Christmas Eve. There was beef tenderloin, broccoli and hollandaise, garlic mashed potatoes, shrimp cocktail, gravy, avocado salad, and a decadent chocolate cheesecake for dessert! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. YUM! When we got home, David and I slept out on the couch near the Christmas tree and I hardly slept a wink because I was so excited for Ryenne to wake up for Christmas! When she finally did wake up, she was clearly overwhelmed by all the present-opening haha! She barely made a peep the entire morning. We opened our gifts, David made us an elaborate breakfast, and then we headed over to Mom's for some more gift-giving :) Next was the catamaran ride, and then we all met up again for another gourmet dinner, this time was Lee's speciality: cajun gumbo! The night ended with an intense game of Charades (our team won, YES!), and then David, Ryenne, and I spent the night at Bratton Cottage. 
It was a Christmas to remember! What I am most thankful for this Christmas is having family to celebrate it with! I am so grateful for my sweet husband, David, and my precious daughter, Ryenne, and it is a joy to share life with them each and every day. 
And of course, we would have no occasion to celebrate at all if it wasn't for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who came into this world thousands of years ago with the sole purpose of dying on the cross for our sins. That is something that we celebrate and are thankful for everyday, not just on Christmas!





















No comments:

Post a Comment